Latino Legislative Caucus
César E. Chávez Foundation
Nonprofit organization established to educate people
about the union organizer’s life and work. Includes
background on César Chávez Day.
Category: César Chávez (1927-1993)
Latino Legislative Important Links
- Asian Pacific Islander Caucus
- California Latino Caucus Institute
- California Legislative Black Caucus
- Senate Select Committee on California – Mexico Cooperation
- Assembly Select Committee on California-México Bi-National Affairs
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute
- CHCI NextOpp (the new online version of the National Directory of Scholarships, Internships, and Fellowships for Latino Students)
- The Drucker Institute
- The Ewing Marlon Kauffman Foundation
- Mexican American Legal Defense Education Fund (MALDEF)
- NALEO Educational Fund
- National Council of La Raza
- Pew Hispanic Center
- Tomas Rivera Center
- U.S. Census Bureau
National Hispanic Heritage Month
Education World – Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month!
A great site for activites focusing on contributions of Hispanics. This site also contains links to many other sites related to Hispanic people/issues.
Fact Monster – Hispanic Heritage Month
Hispanic Heritage Month begins on September 15, the anniversary of independence for five Latin American countries—Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua. In addition, Mexico declared its independence on September 16, and Chile on September 18.
Teachers’ Scholastic – Celebrate Hispanic Heritage
Contains many links — Latinos in History, Meet famous Latinos, Hispanic History in the Americas. Teacher’s guide and Research assistance.
National Parks – The National Register of Historic Places
Straight from our own National Park Service–a great site–Teaching with Historic Places Featured Historic Properties Hispanic History in the National Register of Historic Places Exploring Hispanic History and Culture–A Dynamic Field